Parents for Educational Freedom in North Carolina, the leading voice for school choice in North Carolina, is looking to add to our team!
The ideal new member of the PEFNC family will have a passion for school choice and a desire to grow our communications and media effort, ensuring the voice of school choice is magnified across our state – the voice of parents, families and students!
If you are looking to share powerful stories, and expand upon PEFNC’s established communications and media efforts, then consider the following job responsibilities for the role of Communications Director (including but not limited to):
- Create and distribute PEFNC newsletters.
- Manage PEFNC social media accounts.
- Work with PEFNC leaders to develop a distribution strategy for PEFNC created content (aka getting eyes on our awesome stories).
- Engage with parents to write powerful testimonial stories to be pitched to media across the state as well as developing new content for the ongoing PEFNC blog, President’s Perspective.
- Maintain PEFNC’s media database including members of the media as well as archived PEFNC media mentions.
- Work with the PEFNC Outreach team to leverage and build our organizations internal database.
What skills do you need? Here is a list, however if something on that list is outside your current ability, a willingness to learn and adapt to the following skills is expected:
- Graphic design (e.g. engaging social media graphics).
- Strong writing skills (hint: this one is a must).
- Video production and editing.
- Organized and motivated to create and distribute content.
- A team player.
Please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected].